- It was established in 1994 with a partnership of 6 banks.
- In 1995, Zimswitch processed its first ATM transaction and had its first POS transaction in 1996.
- Between 2001 and 2015, Zimswitch introduced new payment streams ranging from V-payments (online shopping), ZIPIT (mobile money transfer) and also linked settlement into RTGS and went regional to link local banks into SADC thereby was voted the best e-commerce service provider.
- To date, Zimswitch has a membership of 24 Participants which includes banks, MNOs and TPPSPs.
- Some accolades Zimswitch has collected include being the Best E-Commerce Platform Provider, 1st Runner-up for Customer Focused Innovation (CCAZ) 2017, 11th position and in business to business sector (MAZ Superband), 1st Runner-up in the Money Transfer Sector (MAZ Superbrands) 2017 and 2018.